"GOOD MORNING GOOD PEOPLE!"
A musical presentation on the life of St. Francis of Assisi
and we heard something wonderful".
NATURE of the PRESENTATION
'Good Morning Good People!’ is a journey in song, a sequence of songs, music and narration reflecting on the life of St. Francis of Assisi. Duration: 80 minutes approximately. The program is mainly for adults - can also be enjoyed by upper-primary, secondary students. Peter tells the story, sings and plays guitar. Sometimes he is accompanied by flautist, Roma Dix and/ or a female vocalist.
Synopsis: the story tells of Francis’ youth, imprisonment, an encounter with the Leper, his dedication to the Lady Poverty, his discovery of mission and ascent to the Mountain. Then we meet Clare and hear of Francis’ compassion for the people of the Valley, his encounter with the Wolf of Gubbio and the Stigmata received on the mountain of La Verna. Settings of the Peace Prayer and the Canticle are woven through the story of his last days.
‘Good Morning Good People!’ has been described as a "moving and prayerful experience". The presentation unfolds seamlessly, with no applause except at conclusion. It is well suited for a Church venue.
"An honest and real presentation of the life of the saint focusing on the important aspects of his life".
(Fr. Francis Merlino OFM Cap)
"I thoroughly enjoyed 'Good Morning Good People!'. Congratulations on creating and producing such a delightful, accurate, thought-provoking and musically pleasing interpretation of the life of St. Francis."
(Bishop Peter Ingham, Wollongong Diocese, Australia)
"I value the way it cuts through all the sentimentality of St. Francis that seems to have accumulated over the centuries. It was like seeing through to the person with all his disturbing, challenging and vulnerable faces."
(Joan Saboisky, Wagga Wagga, Australia)
(Skye Tranter, 17yrs,
Some GOOD MORNING CONCERTS in recent years
September 18th, 7.30pm., St. Thomas of
Canterbury Catholic Church
September 27th, 7.30pm., St. Walburge's Church
October 5th., 3.00pm
IRELAND & SCOTLAND 2007
1. Perth, Scotland. Sunday April 29th., St. Mary's Monastery Church, Hatton Rd., Kinnoull.
2. Gorey, Co. Wexford. Thursday May 31st., St. Michael's Church. With Roma Dix on flute
3. Galway City. Friday June 1st., The Abbey, St Francis St. With Roma Dix on flute.
4. Limerick City. Sunday June 3rd., Augustinian Church, O'Connell St., With Roma Dix on flute.
5. Nenagh, Co. Tipperary. Monday June 4th., St. Mary of the Rosary Church. With Roma Dix on flute. Female vocals: Geraldine Armitage.
Tuesday June 5th., Church of the Sacred Heart.
With Roma Dix on flute.
Co. Westmeath -Tuesday September 18th., St.
11. Killarney - Wednesday October 3rd.,The Franciscan Friary Church, Killarney.
12. Glendalough, Co. Wicklow - Friday October 5th., St. Kevin's Church
13. Bunclody, Co. Wexford - Tuesday October 9th., Church of the Most Holy Trinity
The following three
concerts featured Shauna Boyle, female vocals
17. Wexford -
Clonard- Sunday October 28th., 3.00pm.
Church of the Annunciation
19. Naas, Co.
Kildare Tuesday November 13th., Church of
the Irish Martyrs, Ballycane.
21. Castlebridge, Co. Wexford. Wednesday December 5th., St. Ibar's Church